If you have booked a childrens photoshoot this Spring, now is a good time to talk about how to prepare for the experience. I would like to offer 7 Top Tips for making sure you and your child or children are organized for the session.
1) If you have agreed to meet your photographer in the Bluebell wood at 3pm, for example, plan your journey to make sure that the trip is not rushed. Check for special events or diversions due to planned maintenance. Avoid last minute surprises.
2) Let the children pick the clothes they want to wear, and then you can decide upon yours. It’s always a good idea to bring more than 1 outfit anyway, just in case of accidents.
3) Make certain they are well-fed and watered before they arrive. A light snack and drink thirty minutes before the childrens photoshoot will make sure they are content.
5) With very young children, book the photoshoot around the child’s nap-time. Or if you have an infant who is still feeding then that is fine, we understand if you need to take a rest to keep them content.
6) With newborn babies, don’t worry if they are asleep, often sleeping babies look loveable in their photos.
7) I am sure you are familiar with bribes. Bring some? If the shoot is a mixed one, with adults and kids being photographed separately as well as together, then bring some games or toys for your children to play with while it is your turn. Whatever works for you.
A childrens photoshoot should be a stress-free, enjoyable and memorable experience for the whole family. There is no reason for it not to be, with a little bit of planning. I hope these tips are helpful for you.
Making Memories Precious